June 26, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away...

The girls and I picked up Beaux at Judy's house this morning.  Judy is the first friend I made when we moved to Dryden-- she is a blessing to us since she NEVER turns down an opportunity to watch Beaux when we leave town.  It cracks me up when (every single time) I call her to see when I can pick him up, she says, "Sorry, Lacy. We lost him."  Judy and her boys, Max and Zane treat our pet just as he is their own.  The funny thing is, she doesn't want us to pay her cash for watching Beaux, just frozen sweet corn.  How great is that?

Anyway, back to my story... We picked Beaux up, drove home and the thunder started, with the rain close behind.  Sidenote:  Beaux is absolutely, 100% scared...PETRIFIED of storms.   When I unloaded the girls and groceries, I came back to the van to find Beaux still in the backseat.  He was not going anywhere. I tried to coax him to come out, but he wouldn't move.  So, I did what any good pet owner would do-- I opened the back windows just a bit and left him in the van to ride out the storm.  

Fast-forward three, rain-filled hours later... I go outside to fetch Beaux and have to literally drag him out of the van. His paws hit the driveway and in a flash he was in the house, down the stairs and hiding in our family room under Travis' desk.

Poor guy is going to have to be medicated soon...he's only getting worse.  I hope we have a few rain-free days for Beaux's sake.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails