My Mentor Mom, Serri said this at our MOPS meeting last Wednesday. We were talking about stress and ways to overcome it, deal with it, not have it, etc. Do you know any mothers who aren't stressed? What do I stress about? Hmmmm....Let me think....
Getting dinner ready. Getting clothes/shoes/backpacks/lunch boxes ready and out the door on time. Bills to pay. In-laws. Will our van last another couple of years? Parents coming to visit. Fighting children. Children who don't eat anything but applesauce and hot dogs. Am I a good wife? A husband who will be out of state more than he'll be home in October. Losing that baby weight now that my baby is almost two. Did I leave a candle burning? Teaching good manners. Is Campbell using her 'nice' words at school? My children learning to read. Oh no. Where is my purse? Our family living so far away. Asking for help. Budgeted money. Too much television? Not enough hugs and kisses? Am I being too tough on my kids and not letting them be....kids? Is my house organized? Am I worried about far too much outside our family, i.e. church, MOPS? Am I being a good role model for my girls? Did I just say shit in front of Colbie? I didn't get the sheets washed this week. Should I start Carson on piano lessons?
I could go on forever..... and ever.....
Back to "Clutter = Life" My life is a cluttered mess, it is hectic, it is fun, it is full. I need to stop stressing so much and just live it. The laundry will be there tomorrow. The sheets can go two weeks without being washed.
The stress will not stop, but my kids will not be this age for long. I'm going to forget about the clutter today and enjoy my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment