"One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in
the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly."
-Andy Rooney
You said it, Andy! Our house is a glorious mess right now.... But how I love it! The girls are so very VERY excited about Christmas. However, they have surprised me a few times in the last few days. First, they received a package in the mail from the DiRuzza family and they promptly declared, "We will save it for Christmas Eve!" Second, our babysitter extraordinaire, Ann, brought over gifts for the girls last night, again they exclaimed, "We will open them on Christmas Eve!" Well then. That's fine by me....
The girls were able to shop for each other this year. They quickly wrapped the gifts and placed them under the tree. There has been no shaking, peeking, tearing or crying to get what is inside the packages. Weird. When I was their age, I was a peeking fool! I know their Dad was too.... He loves to tell the story about one Sunday morning, hearing the car leave for Mass. Thinking his parents went without him, he went into his parent's bedroom, opened the closet door to take a peek at Christmas gifts and his Mom sat up in bed and said, "Travis? What do you think you're doing?"
Carson thought she was doing Campbell a favor. Campbell came into the kitchen and said, "When do I get to open my Lalaloopsy Doll?"
"What doll are you talking about?" I said.
"The one Carson gave me for Christmas, that's wrapped under the tree." she innocently exclaimed. "Caaaarsooooon! Come in here!" I yelled.
"What?" Carson asked.
"Did you tell Campbell what you gave her for Christmas?" I asked.
"Yes.... but I didn't tell her WHICH Lalaloopsy Doll I bought her." Carson stated.
Geez kid.
It's been a busy, hectic weeks leading up to Christmas...
Shopping.... two Horticulture Christmas parties..... meetings..... Cornell CFFA Christmas party (at our house).... DYOF Christmas party (at our house).... Cornell CTE Christmas party (at our house).... Colbie's birthday party (at our house)......MOPS Christmas party (thankfully, not at our house)..... planning....cooking......waiting..... I've loved it all.
Yes, the anticipation in the days leading up to Christmas is the best part. Christmas Day will be here and gone in a blink of an eye. I know that. I need to read a few more stories tonight when I put the girls to bed. Give them a few more Christmas kisses and burn this special, glorious mess in my brain.
The Park family wishes you a very blessed Christmas. May you enjoy your glorious mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment