March 12, 2011

Baby Driver


This commercial makes me tear up. Every. Single. Time.

Barney and Lisa came over for dinner last week.  They brought home videos of Andrew (18) and Alison (16) when they were two and seven months old.  Andrew was jabbering, saying his ABC's, talking into the camera. Alison was a sweet baby sitting on the floor grinning from ear to ear.  Lisa said, "I watch this and it seems like a different life."

I completely understood what she meant. I think back of our time in Florida-- childless, poor, weekly dates, shopping without a child in a stroller, weekends at the beach, exercising everyday (because I didn't have anything better to do).....It was a different life.

Fast forward 11 years-- Carson will be driving.....Campbell will be in high school....Colbie will be 12.....My heart hurts just thinking about it.  

So, I see this commercial and I can't help but think two things---I will look back at this "life" and think how it was so different and want to go back.  And what Travis will say when Carson gets ready to drive off for the first time by herself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails