February 12, 2009

Give a Man a Fish....

You're familiar with the Chinese Proverb, Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime, right? This proverb came to mind yesterday with Carson. Carson is asking deeper, more meaningful questions. Just yesterday we had a conversation that went like this...

Carson: What do you say after you burp?
Mom: You say 'Excuse me'.
Carson: Why?
Mom: Because it's polite.
Carson: What do you say after you throw up?
Mom: (laughing)...uh, you say 'I'm sick'.

Then, after dinner, Travis and I were reading and playing with the girls on their bed. Travis snuck me a few kisses on the lips, with Carson closely watching us. I asked Carson if she wanted to give me a kiss....she closed her eyes, cocked her head to the side and planted a sweet, soft kiss on my lips. Travis and I both busted out laughing at her exceptional execution of the kiss.

She's fishing....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails