Yesterday afternoon Travis was outside cleaning out the truck, I was inside making dinner and the girls were playing in the sandbox. When I was giving the girls their instructions for playing outside....i.e. watch out for dog poop, don't eat the sand, stay in the back yard, etc. I specifically told Carson to keep an eye on her sister and do not let her walk down the driveway. (For those who have not been at our house, we have a long driveway, which goes downhill--We live on a busy street, but our house sits back from the road.) Carson understands the rule that you cannot go past the tree line. She has understood these rules for about a year now and is excellent at following these instructions. Campbell, on the other hand, isn't as interested in following this rule, although she doesn't do too bad.
Carson was making sand pies and Campbell was playing with the soccer ball. I went back inside to check on dinner when I heard Travis yelling....I rushed outside to find Campbell half-way down the driveway chasing after her soccer ball. Travis was running after her. Carson was at the tree line watching this unfold. Travis captured Campbell and brought her back to the house.......sigh.
Carson did exactly what she was told-- she yelled at Travis to say Campbell was walking down the driveway..... Poor Campbell was just getting her ball.
Carson does her share of pestering her sister, but in the end, when it really matters, she couldn't be a better big sister. Campbell is thankful, I'm sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment