Carson and I were having a discussion last night about what she wanted to be when she grew up. I told her she could be whatever she wanted, them proceeded to give her "my" best options... a teacher, a dentist, a doctor. She liked the doctor idea. That was that, last night she decided she was going to be a doctor. You can imagine my excitement. My 3-year-old has made the important decision....we needed to get started immediately on her education-- she should learn to write her name first..... so much to do....
Fast forward to 3am....she woke up crying. I went into her room and she said, "Mommy! I don't want to be a doctor anymore!" You can imagine my disappointment. "That's OK honey," I said. "You can be whatever you want."
I've decided to lay off the pressure to make her career decision for a few more years....
2 comments:
So cute!! Did she have a nightmare about being a doctor? You could tell her she can be a doctor that doesn't help people like her dad :) Remember Telg telling that story?
Cute story! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment