October 12, 2010

Book Review

Carson, Campbell and I borrowed "The Sandwich Swap" from our local library this week.  After reading this sweet book Carson says, "I really enjoyed that." So, I thought I would share some books we read so you can 'enjoy' them too!

The Sandwich Swap by Queen Rania Al Abdullah and Kelly DiPucchio
Based on a nursery school memory The Sandwich Swap, by Queen Rania Al Abdullah with Kelly DiPucchio, is a delectable delight about two simple sandwiches. Fast friends Salma and Lily find themselves with a dining dilemma: Each silently thinks that the other’s sandwich is “weird and yucky, strange and gross.” It’s not until they tell one another what they think that “hurt feelings turned mad,” bystanders took sides, insults started flying, and so did food. The food fight lands the friends in the Principal’s office not once, but twice; first to make restitution, then to make a suggestion. And so began their International Day, so that the children could showcase foods from different ethnicities and expose one another to new and different textures and tastes.


(Taken from Character Education Blog- Character Counts)

1 comment:

xyz said...

Love, love, love the Book Reviews! What a fantastic idea! I might just steal it! As a mother and reading teacher, it just warms my heart to hear stories of parents reading to their children....my favorite book on the matter, The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease, 6th edition, speaks to the best preparation we can do for our kids is to read to them, even after they become a reader. Kudos to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails