Carson has made some new friends in her UPK class. A few weeks ago, she asked if she could invite her friend Kendall over for a playdate. After getting everything lined up with Kendall's Mom, it was a go! This was Carson's first official playdate-- official because there was a pick up and drop off and Kendall was here without a parent.
Before Kendall's arrival, I gave Carson the rule of the playdate--Campbell had to be included in their play. Carson kind of looked at me like, "Duh! What else do you think I was going to do with her?"
They all got along nicely-- a few Halloween crafts were completed, a few slides down the carpeted stairs, a few minutes with Colbie, playground play and their favorite part of the playdate-- dress up!
I did learn a few lessons after this first playdate...
- Four hours is too long (I think they got sick of each other)
- If I am going to have another 'c/k' named child over, simplify it and give them assigned numbers or silly nicknames-- Carson, Campell, Kendall and Colbie was too much!
- Don't include lunch with the playdate unless the parents provide their lunch-- not all guests like the same lunch menu as the Park girls (Kendall was not a fan of hummus!)
- Nap is a requirement after a playdate....whew.
1 comment:
You crack me up!!! Here's some more tips for the future....
1) Playing dress up spreads lice
2) No water play on play dates...they trapse in and out the house without any concern for your stuff
3) Lay down ground rules for manners and etiquette
4) Play dates lead to sleep overs....are you ready?
Post a Comment