October 10, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours...

Travis is gone (again) and I thought the house (and I) would fall apart....

First, the door from the garage wouldn't shut (I locked the doors in the garage and then put a chair in front of it when I went to bed). Second, in the middle of the night the hallway smoke detector started beeping every 10 minutes....         

beep                                     beep                                  beep                  

Third, this morning I was filling Beaux's water dish and the kitchen faucet broke. I can only get water from the hose attachment.  Great.

Thankfully, Barney and Lisa came to rescue on Sunday by taking Carson and Campbell to a pumpkin farm so I could do some much needed grocery shopping with CJ.  (Thank you!!)

After a beautiful outdoor youth mass and great dinner at the D. Hotel, I come home to get the girls to bed and I notice a car stopped on the road in front of our house. Two girls come to the door with Beaux following them-- he was on the road and they followed him to make sure he got home safely (Thanks, girls!)  After talking to these nice teenagers, Beaux disappears again.  I call Barney and he drives over looking for our #%* dog.  He pulls into the driveway and there he is.... I drug him into the house cursing him all the way.



A fun night a the D. Hotel can cure the single-mom-weekend blues....

I'm going to bed now....

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh no... Hang in there! I can relate to having stuff happen when our husbands are away... I remember one trip - JB was in Australia - I was pregnant and just about to have Everett. Contractors were here working on the house. There were problems. And then the A/C went out in late August. It was about 92 degrees inside our home. I felt overwhelmed at times but grew through the experience. I hope you do, too! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails