November 21, 2011

Charlie Bucket


We love Charlie Bucket!  Campbell received the movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for her birthday in May.  The girls were never really interested in watching it for the longest time.  I'm thinking it was due to the lack of princesses or animation on the cover.  

I finally convinced them to watch it one "movie night" and they were hooked!  At our last library visit, I asked if they wanted to check out the book.  Campbell took one look at it and said, "There are no pictures in it!"  Carson replied, "You just have to imagine the pictures in your head." [Two points for Carson!].  We started the book...our FIRST chapter book last week, with our goal of one chapter each night before bed.  

They are hooked.  

We are reading two or more chapters a night and now half-way through it!  I'm loving reading this each night.  It's a nice change from picture books.

1 comment:

Heather Wingenroth said...

Thanks for the rec...will check it out. I agree, chapter books are a nice break from "Pinkalicious". We just started the "Magic Tree House" series.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails