February 28, 2010

Dollhouse

Two days before my 10th birthday I asked for a dollhouse. Like any grandparent wanting to please their granddaughter, my Grandpa Charlie whipped up a dollhouse in less than 48 hours.  Unfortunately, it was a last minute decision on my part. The first of many I would make in my 34 years. [I think the black-acid-washed Guess Jeans were my second bad (last minute) decision.] And I played with it a total of three times. Mostly it was used to house shoes or dirty clothes in my middle-high school years.

After moving this dollhouse from my childhood house to my parents' new house... to Travis' (then our) house... then back to my parents house (because we moved to Florida and didn't want to take it)... and finally to it's current location- Dryden. Funny, it was moved more than it was played with.

So, Travis got sick of seeing it in our basement storage room, so he decided to dress it up and give it to the girls.  Carson and Campbell helped him paint it. They gave it a green roof and white siding-- just like our first house in Wolcott--- ahh, the memories.  They had a blast painting "just like Daddy" and now playing princesses in the newly painted house.....er castle.

Thanks, Grandpa Charlie for the gift I never played with, but your Great-Granddaughters absolutely LOVE it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails