September 28, 2011

An Apple A Day

Yesterday I was reminded of a Beverly Cleary book, Ramona and Beezus.  Ramona finds a box of apples in the basement and she sits down next to it and takes a bite out of every single apple in the box. When asked why she did it, Ramona replied, "....because the first bite of an apple is the best bite." 

Well, Colbie Jane was channeling Ramona Quimby.  She found the bag of fresh apples in the laundry room and took a bite out of four of them.  I'm sure she would of finished off the entire bag hadn't I stopped her after four.  

Later that morning, I was back in the laundry room grabbing a load of clothes out of the dryer. I came back into the living room where Colbie was playing....and she was gone. I called her name and looked around downstairs. I headed upstairs, calling her name, and heard her babbling to herself in the bathroom.  I walked in and she was sitting in the sink brushing her teeth.  She had climbed on the toilet, into the sink, opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed a toothbrush. She was all smiles and very proud of herself.

She is turning into a pest, just like Ramona.  A cute pest, nonetheless.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails